Sunday, March 20, 2016

Graphic 45 Design Team Audition 2016

Hello, today I am taking a huge leap and applying for a position on the Graphic 45 Design Team.  I have been in love with Graphic 45 since I discovered them at Mega Meet several years ago.  I snatched up a few paper pads on that first introduction and have been collecting ever since.  Yes, collecting!  I save my precious Graphic 45 papers for my best pictures and projects.  Here's one brand new project and a couple of favorites from the past year to share.

Project #1

I pulled out quite a few collections for this new layout using photographs from a recent fashion exhibit I attended at the Cincinnati Art Museum.  These pics could not have been scrapped with any other papers but Graphic 45.  I used some Graphic 45 stamps on this layout as well.  I drew inspiration from the fabric used in the garments.  The textile designer is Arthur Silver from England and the designer is Liberty & Co. circa 1915.



I used a green pigment ink with two different color embossing powders.  I tried to hit just the "eye" with Judikins Avocado twinkle and the rest of the feather with SNS Root beer fizz.  I liked the way they turned out.  I thought tearing the edges added an element of distress instead of fussy cutting.  


I sprayed white flowers with spray ink and layered with wallpaper sample punches and bling to create matching flowers.  Black bling flourishes finish off the flowers.  My favorite crafting tip: EVERYTHING is distressed generously with chalking ink this time: Quick Quotes Midnight Confession.


Ingredients:
Graphic 45 papers: Renaissance Faire Enlightened & Florentine
Once Upon A Springtime Enchanted Forest
Le Cirque Flying High
A Perfect Gentleman Dashing & Debonair
Curtain Call Tags & Borders
Graphic 45 stamps:  Curtain Call and more
red card stock and wallpaper samples
Tattered Angels Chalkboard spray ink in Ferrari Red
Brilliance Graphite black ink
Judikins Black detail, Garnet  & Avocado twinkle embossing powder
Anna Griffin green chalkboard ink
Sparkle N Sprinkle Root beer fizz embossing powder
International postage stamps, bling, a button, and strings of sequins
Stampin Up scalloped circle punch
Spellbinders deckeled rectangles, label one, gold label one
peacock feathers, doily inked with black spray ink and metal charms
Quick Quotes Midnight Confession Powder Puff chalking ink

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

http://thecraftyaddicts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/challenge-11.html until 3/28x

http://g45papers.typepad.com/graphic45/2016/03/take-the-graphic-45-2016-march-challenge.html#entries until 3/31


Project #2

My favorite recent project is this configurations Christmas Tower.  I made this back in November of last year.  I used a Graphic 45 Santa stamp on this project.  It is one of my favorite elements.  This is the first time I added the power of light to a project and using the embossed image on acetate with the light shining through was just beautiful.


Project #3

Another neat project I made last year was a part of an altered letter exchange, here is the original post.  I used Graphic 45 Le Cirque paper for the Cricut cut peacock feathers on this project.  After piecing together I sprayed with shimmer mist.




Tutorial:

Finally, here's a project where I do a bit of a tutorial making my Vintage Luggage Pop Up Card.  This project is not perfect but I still like the way it turned out.


Thank you so much for your consideration.

Alicia

2 comments:

  1. Lovely creations Alicia. Thank you for leaving me a comment on my blog and I wish you Good Luck too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely projects! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us. We are so honored you submitted for our Design Team! Happy Papercrafting, Charee and Joanna from Graphic 45

    ReplyDelete